Here’s the link to a Google map.
A: Walking from the station
A 10-15 minute walk, includes an uphill stretch.
Please download a map and directions from this link: Walking from the station.
B: By car
From the M9
Starting from the large roundabout at the north end of the M9 (where it changes to the A9 if you’re travelling north), about 2 miles South of Dunblane:
Take the sign for Bridge of Allan (right if travelling north, left if travelling south). This is the only roundabout on the M9/A9 with a sign to Bridge of Allan.
- Follow the road into the village of Bridge of Allan (about 1 mile).
- At the third mini-roundabout, turn left immediately after Lloyds Chemsit – up Well Road.
- You quickly come to a fork, keep left up Alexander Drive, past the lodge house, and up the hill under pine trees.
- Take first left into Hopetoun Drive (modern estate of brick houses).
- Follow the wiggly road, and take second right at a little post box – signed Hopetoun Drive again.
- Drive a short way up to cul-de-sac with grass island in the middle.
- Go clockwise round the island, we’re the second house: ‘A’ shape, and driveway sloping down to the house.
From the University end of Bridge of Allan
- Follow the main road into the centre of Bridge of Allan, where there are parades of shops on both sides of the road.
- Pass the Royal Hotel on the right. At the mini roundabout immediately before the Lloyds chemist, turn right into Well Road.
Then follow steps 3-7 listed above.